12.02.2004

waiting

There is a pine forest up the mountain above our campus that offers a steep, but quick 20 minute hike. I've never done it by myself, but, on a whim, went right before work yesterday. I did some praying and singing and felt all better about myself that I was exercising and getting in some good time with God (I'm a multi-tasking addict), until the Lord shut me up on my way down with "hey! you haven't met with me yet!" It's so easy for me to get in Martha-mode and not just rest and wait for God to minister to me through His Spirit. He brought to mind Exodus 33 (which is a goodie) - where Moses is telling God that He better be with His people and show Moses His glory. And the Father leads him to the cleft of the mountain to wait for His presence. It was a good reminder that God promises to shower many good things on those that wait for Him. Where you're waiting, what you're waiting about, or how long you have to wait isn't as important as the surrendering process of trusting His sovereignty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Autumn--

What a refreshing way to start my day -- by reading your encounter with God on the mountainside! I just reread Exodus 33 -- very encouraging regarding the grace and mercy of our God. And we get to experience that grace and mercy as we meet with Him. Hope you have a wonderful day. I love you sooooooo much!

Mom

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home