9.15.2004

His Quiet

It's Wednesday night and I'm on QR (quiet room) duty for one of my girls. That's a nice way of putting solitary confinement. I hope that doesn't upset anyone. These moments are necessary for some of our students when they become a threat to the house or themself. It de-escalates their irrational emotions and helps bring them back to reality.
Sometimes I wish someone would send me to a QR! I'm learning that the harder I try to chase after Jesus the more unstable, desperate, crazy and unpredictable my life gets. I think that the "abundance" Jesus spoke of comes from the adventure of a life laid down, a passionate suffering. And in the midst of suffering, emotions stretch thin or explode all together. Or at least mine do. Yet when He calls us to the quiet He calls us to the corner, rest from the fight, to His whisper, a pep rally if we need one, living water if we thirst. He desires us to focus, to be revamped, to not grow weary in doing good. Which is why He calls us to His quiet.
Pray that I accept the invitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home