10.23.2004

a revived heart, a full cup

So I absolutely suck at keeping this updated. I'll try harder. But really, I just don't know how to even begin to explain my life here. Like this week, it's been hard at the house with the girls, but the hours I've had off have been fantastic. I've gotten back in the groove of running, yesterday I went golfing (only 5 out of 9 holes) and today I went mountain biking for three hours. I think that here, in a place where the heart matters so much, a staff member MUST learn and discern their heart. How it rests, is refreshed, struggles, learns, loves, etc. The past few days have shown me that my heart is revived by outside activities, whether going solo or with a group. Pray that I discipline myself to allow God to revive my heart, so that the hard times in the house are met with a calm and content spirit.
I'm on QR duty for the second time this week. Pray for Kacie. She's been in the program almost a year, and still spends most of her time in the QR or headed there. Starr house (my house) begins our week-long housetrip this Monday night, and our houseteam is anxious about Kacie going with us. Either way, I know it's going to be an extremely challenging and encouraging week with the girls and our new houseparents.
I'm being impressed with "the cup" a lot in my prayers. The cup that God's asking me to drink, if my cup is overflowing, becoming a drink offering, etc. This is the end of the poem I wrote a few weeks back:
One thing David asked for
and his heart was sealed with yours
Ten thousand have I asked for
and yet I still feel poor
If all my founts are in you
and I've got a river of life
Then give me strength to drink this cup
and a faith that doesn't ask "why?"
Please be in prayer over the cup that the Lord is giving me here, and that I would be able to swallow it, be nourished and sustained by it...and even thirsting for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home