11.14.2004

my niece

Merit is almost 8 months old, of which I've only been around about one month. I called her yesterday and she smiled at my voice and tried to eat the phone. I have requested that large, life-size pictures of me be placed throughout my brother and sister-in-law's house, but my earth tones don't blend with their retro colors. So this leaves an aunt to wonder how long it will take for a child to fall in love with her. Could it be on my next vacation? or through gifts and cards via mail? will I eventually have to live where they are? Or my best option: that she will just love me because I'm her aunt and she's my niece. We're family, so we'll assume that we naturally love one another and sporadic visits will just enhance the depth of love that inherently exists between family members. Especially if those sporadic visits include theme parks, slumber parties, shopping and candy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Russ said...

Hey Autumn... I've got a 2 year old nephew... that I missed while in DR... when I had the bike accident... my sister and brother in law would get all the kids to pray for me... and little Judah would carrie the accident photos around with him in the house saying: "ouch... russ... ouch" and point and the pics...

when i came home he remembered me and likes me now more than ever :P heheh... he didn't like me much before! haha.

Now he'll run to the table and pick up a picture of me with him in it... and points and says "Russ! Russ." and I say .. "And JUDAHHH" :P

It's sweet... so maybe prayer and pictures are the key to being kept in a relative's baby's heart. :D

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merit loves you Autumn! She says your name all the time... at least it sounds that way, kind of like "awwa", "awwa"...

Josiah

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I would stop by and say "Hello Autumn Rogers." It's been a hectic
but very worthwhile last few days for me. In searching for more troubled teens add problems related info on the Internet, I came across your site. I appreciate your content and I really appreciate your this post! It's been a great help in collecting more info on troubled teens add problems. Thanks again and have a great day!

Great blog. Found your blog while searching for more information at yahoo about this post . Your blog has quite a lot of interesting thoughts. Keep up the good work,
Thanks my niece,

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home