12.28.2004

mi navidad dominicana

My first Christmas away from home has passed. I cried a lot (like 3 times, which is a lot) on Friday and Saturday. Thankfully, we do normal holiday things here like carolling, decorating, a candlelight service, etc. Christmas morning it took two hours for the girls to open all their gifts, so that was fun and festive. Today was Boxing Day where every staff member was paired up with one student to shop for the whole day with $25 that the parents sent down. I've been especially exhausted lately, and am looking forward to the hectic schedule to slow down come January...or probably February.
New business:
I've been training a new groupleader for the past few weeks. This isn't new since I've quasi-trained the last two new groupleaders, but this time I'm also helping develop a new training program. Things with my houseparents still go up and down. I talked to my brother for the first time in 8 months. I've been experiencing some pain that two doctors haven't been able to give me a satisfactory answer to. I'm on QR duty. The power just went out. It's pouring down rain outside. And I'm confused about a boy.
How's that for a quick summary? Pray for my heart and my mind and my body - to love the Lord God wholly.

5 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Sounds like...well...life. I/we are all praying for you!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Peter Schott said...

Lord I lift up Autumn Rogers to you on this day. There are times when the ebb and flow between stress and peace can be so taxing on our spirits, and as this season passes for Autumn I pray that she clings to you through each day. May the truth of your word and love shine through in her life, and the many challenges she faces seem so petty and insignificant when compared to your love and grace.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers. Love ya, Mullet

1:29 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Wow, so many replies for someone who posts so infrequently! :) You are a popular read!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi i am totally blown away with the blogs people have created its so nice to read alot of good info and you have great blogs !! I got lots of info for my child -- Have some time check my link to !!group homes for troubled teens - I would like to link to your site – if you don’t mind?

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home