10.01.2005

being danced

when i wrote my last entry my perspective was still way off. God is not some big dancer, and i the little dancer. i'm no dancer at all - i'm being danced. i too often put myself at the center, and how is that dying to self? spirituality is not about attaining something - position, wisdom, leadership, servanthood, etc - but rather dropping ambitions, illusions, greed and cravings. in our natural state of messiness, flooded by grace, we could be perfectly content, but we start looking around at all that we don't have and begin to think that we need those things to be happy. if i start thinking that i need to be someone important, to attain something - when 2 Peter already tells us that we have everything we need for life and godliness - i have not picked up my cross and lost myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...the dance. I read a book by Angela Thomas called "Do You Think I'm Beautiful". The auther suggests that, as women, we tend to believe that we should be wallflowers, standing on the sidelines, watching everyone else dance.That is is not OK for us to desire to dance with 'the prince'. However, the Lord is asking us to dance with him....it is OK for us to be Cinderella with our prince charming at the ball. The book ends the chapter by saying "Do you hear the music? He's asking you to dance....." I LOVE that book...and I love the thought that the God of the universe is asking ME to dance! WOW!!!!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey autumn... that's my mom.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home