8.23.2005

breaking point

i realize now that i've tried to be super-human these past two weeks - doing everything that's been asked of me without admitting my weakness or asking for help. i seriously thought i could do it all, and i tried to, which meant working during my time off and losing a lot of sleep. so at about 5:00 yesterday afternoon, after having worked 12 hours straight with only 2.5 hours of sleep the night before, i was getting ready to pick up the girls from school for another 5 hours of work when i snapped and had my most unprofessional moment ever. in front of THREE bosses i threw my papers in the air and stormed out of the office in tears. i think that in a lot of businesses that would be grounds for getting fired, so i thank God for working in a ministry that practices the Matthew 18 principle of going back to people, forgiving, and encouraging oneanother.
help is coming. my houseparents from this past year will not be returning to the D.R., and since i literally cannot keep running the house alone, relief houseparents from our headquarters in Marion, IN are coming to work in Starr until new houseparents can be trained. my world doesn't stop rocking - since i committed to this ministry there has always been some sort of challenge that keeps me crying out to God AND others. truly, as children of God, it is his WILL, His heart's plan and desire, for us to depend on, rebuke, forgive, comfort, exhort, love and serve oneanother - because it gives Him glory. i'm not giving Him glory if i don't take care of myself, or am not being vulnerable enough to confess my needs to the family of God. so i confess this to you, as well. please continue to pray for me. and praise God for the help coming. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, at least you didn't throw your papers AT your bosses!

We are praying for you,

dad

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some employees are a pleasure to have as both employee and friend...

11:19 AM  
Blogger iridescent said...

i keep calling...i am considering just flying down there...i'll keep praying. love you!
-cre

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home