9.12.2005

the adventures continue



i told my care group today that God has wired me to spiritually experience Him and the "abundant life" through adventures. i get bored with the day-to-day if at least once a week i'm not physically challenged, meet new people, or see and read a new thing. so this past saturday i decided to tackle the art of motorcycle driving. i was doing great for the first hour until going around a curve i tried to downshift and break at the same time (too much eye, hand and feet coordination at once), and i "layed the bike down" as my friend, jill, who was teaching me likes to say. in reality, i fell down and the bike layed on top of me. don't freak out, mom! you'll be happy to know that i got right back on it! :) it wasn't until later that i realized my hand was so swollen i couldn't even hold a pen. i don't know how i'm going to be the next Che Guevara if i wuss out over a bruised hand....

8 Comments:

Blogger Peter Schott said...

I had a similar experience driving from Sosua to Santiago, left me with a good road rash, eventual stitches, and the knowledge of what it feels like to have isopropyl alcohol poured onto a fresh wound.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Autumn Grace! Why would you want to emulate Che Guevara? I can think of several other social revolutionists that come to mind without all the negative connotations. How about Jesus? Of course, Jesus didn't ride a motorcycle. :)

MOM

9:00 AM  
Blogger Expert Village said...

Well, that's one way to get the stigmata.

I think Jesus would most definitely have ridden into Jerusalem on a motorcycle had they been available.

Now all you have to do is get thrown in prison and tortured. Then you can write a book and have a movie made about your revolutionary adolesence a couple of decades after your death.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!

...I mean...Autumn, listen to your mother!

I'm sure Che had his fair share of bruises...

Wow. Riding motorcycles in the DR...all of a sudden life in Denton seems a bit mundane! :-D

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Autumn,
the 1st day I got my Honda 50, (at 14 yrs old), I wiped out trying to start up a hill. One of those nasty one's in Phenix City. What was bad about it was laying on the ground, seeing my brand new bike going around in circles all by itself on the pavement, getting scratched up. Plus it was super embarrasing!
Take care!!!
Love you,

dad

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, Janet...if you hadn't shown your girls your wild side and taught them how to shoot guns none of this would have ever happened! ;-)

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and isn't this the Janet Rogers that just up and traveled from city to city in a bus with a bunch of other Christians with little thought as to where they would stay when they got to the next town? That's pretty wild!
So Autumn, if you are looking for a revolutionary to emulate...although she would probably never say it...I think your mom would be a great one to follow in the footsteps of.
Ok.
I'm done now.

Maybe....

P.S. I did see Janet ride a motorcycle...well a scooter...quite recently. So don't let her fool you! :-D Although, to her credit, I don't think she really wanted to get on...and she did let Tom drive. :-)

8:53 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

I didn't know you were an aspiring communist.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home