5.04.2005

word entry: GRACE function: VERB

the word grace is most often referred to and used as a noun, except in the case of conferring dignity or honor to someone. i would like to argue, however, that grace is living and breathing; an action verb. this morning i intervened on behalf of one of my girls in a way that no feelings nor desire accompanied. no question, the Spirit moved my body and opened my mouth against common sense. being a justice girl, i'm now peeved at the Spirit that i assisted in someone getting off with less than deserved. isn't my surrender a prerequisite to being used by the Spirit? ha! doesn't that just showcase my carnality? i'm so thankful that the Messiah was/is grace for his joy. i'm thankful, also, that the Spirit uses us as instruments of righteousness through our depravity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home