3.26.2005

well, i didn't finish last

today was the 12k i've been gearing up for. my friend katie and i ate lots of pasta, elevated our feet, took a nap, prayed for cloud-cover; all the things i could think of. we were hoping to finish the race in under 1.5 hours. amazingly enough i finished in an hour and ten minutes and.............. in SECOND PLACE! katie got third place and we're splitting the winnings - 1500 pesos for each of us. i haven't competed in anything in a really long time, so a great sense of accomplishment has been with me since this afternoon. thanks for the prayers!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tía,
wow! i want to run in your foot steps! i got a pair of hot pink converse for my b-day so i'm on my way! mom says that she'll try to post pics of me sporting them on my site soon.
i'm so proud to be your neice!
i love you,
merit jane

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl you rock!!!! there is NO WAY i could run with you now...not that i could before but i liked to pretend...but now..you're pro! you'd run circles around me...i'll have to send you more junk food :)!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats. i'm so proud of you two. hope you are having fun spending the night at my house.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home