2.02.2005

name change

as of last night the girls have now been given permission to call me by my first name. they were all pretty excited, but have yet to remember and when they do correct themselves they say my name with a soft, slow whisper - "i mean....Aautuummn." i have found that i am responding to them differently as well. "Miss Rogers" has been screamed, cursed and threatened so much that my first name seems so pure in comparison, and i respond similarly - softer and kinder. it will only be a matter of time before we're all used to the change, but until then, i'm enjoying my name being said with such finesse.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Autumn!
Your name has always been a melody to my ears...no matter how it was said.
You are absolutly a song to my heart from the time you were born!
I love you,

dad

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Autumn --

Isn't dad poetic? That's why I love him!

Mom

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

autumn-

i've missed your e-mails. i know you are busy and probably don't have time. just wanted to say hi and that i was thinking about you.

mike g

6:22 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Awww... a melody... :P

8:32 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Now I guess you know how God feels when someone calls him Abba, Daddy, rather than some other things he's called.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home