8.03.2005

my dominican experience for the day

so i just spent about 45 minutes raking through our trash pit - a big hole in the ground where we dump all our trash (it gets burned every few months). i lost a piece to our Kitchen Aid - a handy-dandy do it all mixing, grating, whipping device that housemoms adore. just my luck that i lost the small piece that plugs all the gadgets in. this finger size piece was missing friday, and saturday i realized that i had accidently thrown it into our trash can, but by that time it had begun pouring rain and continued until today. so all decked out in my hot pink, knee high rain boots and an a-frame tank top (it seemed an appropriate time to dress trashy) with a rake in hand i sifted through days of trash, mud and magots. thankfully the cat-size rats only come out at night. after the bathroom trash almost made me lose my lunch a few times i figured i could afford buying a new piece. so, Virginia, if you're reading this, i'm sorry, but you will have a shiny new plug-in piece when you come back.

6 Comments:

Blogger Expert Village said...

Remind me to refuse anything that you ever hand to me in a liquified state. Anything whipped, grated, mixed, churned, tossed, or beaten, must first pass through the strictest of tests before passing down my esophagus.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope you cleaned beneath your fingernails after that. . .I mean. . you can collect some nasty stuff under there.

seth

12:49 AM  
Blogger Autumn Rogers said...

I was wearing work gloves, guys!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Schott said...

Find any good leftovers?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Peter Schott said...

Sorry to duplicate but I have a great maggot story if you care to ask me sometime...hehe (being gross for a moment here).

5:31 PM  
Blogger Virginia said...

Autumn, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I can't believe that you went to all that trouble simply for my sanity. It means a lot to me, even though I won't be there to use that new kitchen aid piece... :(

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home