1.22.2006

twenty-four

i got my ears pierced at the age of 6. turning 10 was HUGE because i was finally two digits! 17 was a cool age because there were so many songs that year about being 17. turning 20 was the best birthday because a big group of friends and i went paintballing where i deemed myself invincible and never went out of the game. about 20 friends also chipped in and gave me a brand new guitar and hard case. being 21 was one of the happiest times of my life - i got a rad piercing right before i went abroad with christy to study in costa rica. i had a boyfriend for the first time in my life, graduated from college and had about ten different jobs that year. 22 and 23 have been here in the DR...some of the most painful and growing times i've known. and let me tell you, 24 is off to a good start - i've been celebrating for the past 5 days with a motorcycle ride to one of the most beautiful spots on this island; friends took me wining, dining and...cigaring? (if that's a verb); and jessica and i had a two-day adventure to the beach where we layed out in the rain because it wasn't sunny.
now it's my actual birthday and i'm too exhausted to do much of anything. i love getting older though and am in awe of how full my life is. God kisses me everyday through my friends, family, and even the 9 teenage girls i live with. any guesses on where i'll be next year???

10 Comments:

Blogger Josiah said...

Happy birthday sis, we love you!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet, sweet sister! i'm so happy that you had a great week celebrating life! i love you and can't wait to see you soon... you bless me!! happy birthday, my bestest sister.:) mwuah!!

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Yeah, I have a list of ideas as to where you'll be next year, but not enough time to say them all. Possibly next year Mrs. Autumn _____ living in South ______ and visiting friends in Georgia as often as possible. (It's a short drive) :) We love you!

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Autumn,
yes...God's leading will always lead to fruitfulness, If we are willing to die to ourselves. We struggle with this always, but up till now, I'd say you are a humble and willing servant.
I love you and am ever praying for your best,

dad

9:04 AM  
Blogger tranthegirl said...

Super Happy Birthday, Love!

10:18 AM  
Blogger tranthegirl said...

don't forget to see Cre wishing you birthday love at christyvidrine.blogspot.com!

10:25 AM  
Blogger iridescent said...

hey, I posted a comment last night....but I don't see it!
Happy birthday my love, I hope you have a great birthday.

cre

1:39 PM  
Blogger iridescent said...

hey, I posted a comment last night....but I don't see it!
Happy birthday my love, I hope you have a great birthday.

cre

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i love you girl!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Expert Village said...

Happy Birthday Autumn!

May your 24th be your best year so far.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home