1.11.2006

to be more

three of my girls that i've been with for over a year have left in the past week. i know they come here to eventually leave, but after pouring heart and soul into them for months it's hard to wave goodbye. of course, they all swear to keep in touch for the rest of their lives - invite me to their weddings and send me birth announcements of their children. we'll see.....
few are left that i worked with last year, and last year was completely different than this year. the dynamics in the house have shifted and there are few girls that crisis often. which you would think is a good thing, but it actually deducts from a groupleader's most effectual work. so the past 6 months i've felt somewhat lazy in my role and ineffective in my relationships in the house. my heart in this ministry is to impact the lives of these girls for the Kingdom, and lately all i feel like i do is help them clean the house. i know i'm on my way out, but after the extremes i've experienced here i wonder where i'll go and what i'll do that will quench my desire to be more than a good employee or friendly neighbor.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking and praying for you. I think you are great!

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last one was Trevor by the way :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Expert Village said...

Why don't you start a magazine which details your adventures and revelations as you travel to new and exiting spots around the world. The adventures will never end! Adventures with Autumn, tune in Thursday for a live webcast as she tours the lower regions of eastern South America...kind 'a thing. Give it a real good neighborly twist.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Virginia said...

Autumn... I commend you for your work so far with the girls. You have done an amazing job, and you KNOW that even when it feels like all you do is help them clean the house... that it is SO much more than that! When I used to watch you clean the house, it was not you pushing a broom that I saw. It was you, humbling yourself to get down on your knees and help these girls do something that was tough for them. You showed them love in such a tangible way...

5:24 PM  
Blogger tranthegirl said...

Oh my goodness,

don't even worry about returning to the states and getting wound up in an "ordinary" life... not you, Dearie! With Big Jesus, being a 'good employee or friendly neighbor' is never ordinary. i love ya. hope to send you a little package soon.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home